“Ergonomics is not a substitute for awareness.”
- Tom Adlen, Chiropractor and Yoga Teacher
This program is designed to teach participants how to relieve wrist tension, stress, and fatigue that often result from the rigors of the workplace.
A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 1998 concluded that participants who practiced yoga over an eight-week period showed improvement in their condition compared to those in the control group that did not do yoga. The study showed that a yoga-based regimen comprised of a series of yoga postures for strengthening, stretching, and balancing upper body joints resulted in better grip strength and a reduction of pain for carpal tunnel syndrome suffers.
This one-hour experiential curriculum consists of approximately 30 minutes of lecture/discussion and 30 minutes of experiential exercises that can be done in your chair or at your desk. You will gain tools and techniques for relieving wrist tension and strengthening frequently used muscles and tendons.
- An Overview of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- How yoga fits in
- Scientific support for yoga-based treatment
- 10 exercises to manage symptoms and address root causes
- Modifications, contraindications, and special considerations
- A holistic approach to carpal tunnel (handout)